Pads

Reaction score
Dave

Your mate needs the file of the clip clop sound in WAV format on their USB stick. The specification of the WAV file needs to match what the Yamaha Manual says

Then your mate reads page 62 of the Reference Manual, not the Owner Manual and follow the instructions.

BTW
The manuals you have for your Korg are vastly more detailed than the Genos manuals that add up to 300 pages v over 1000 pages for a Pa.

Reaction score
BTW Dave

I should have said the info is for the Genos.

It is probably a similar process for the SX.

You can do similar in your PA1000 but I am unsure if it will read WAV files so maybe an MP3 file will be required

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually you should be able to find something in one of the drum kits that would do the job.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Actually you should be able to find something in one of the drum kits that would do the job.

Gary ;)

I haven't looked at the kits on the two models mentioned-- but yes, a lot of drum kits and sound effects kits do have basic effects such as car horns, rainfall, horses, cats, dogs, helicopters, machine guns, etc. :)

Reaction score
Dave
If your mate looks in the Data List Manual around page 33 they will find quite a few sounds listed as Horse.

Being Yamaha they may very will be a Neigh and a “Wilbur” from the Sixties Mr Ed series.

Reaction score
Hello again, mate said with the info this is working ok, and says thanks for help. The only bit he is trying to get now is to loop, but when he does this he gets a break in the sound. i there a way to get over this please?

Reaction score
Glad he is sorted or rather sort of sorted.

The Loop break is another matter and it depends upon what he is trying to do.

If he is creating the Loop during a performance and wants the Loop to continue to play whilst he plays other sequences then it is just a case of his timing is off when he triggers the start/stop of the recording Loop.

Primarily I play Guitar and so well used to using a Looper which is foot operated and there is a fine art in getting the timing of the start/stop spot on.

So it is a case of practice, practice, practice.

If he is recording the Loop to save and use in Pads etc then he should be able to trim edit the file in the Yamaha, you can certainly do this in your Korg. The Manual should explain how to Record and how to Edit.

If the Yamaha cannot Edit then he could Edit the file in an external DAW or he could sell the Yamaha and buy a Korg.

Ask a Question