Painting a Keyboard?

Reaction score
Has anyone ever done this? I got the Roland Ax synth and love it but its plain white. I was thinking of a cool Eddie Van Halen pin stripe or maybe some flames lol. Just something not so ordinary, Ideas?

Reaction score
Welcome to the keyboard forum Jamie.

I feel it would be unwise to actually paint your Roly, but if you do decide to do it, I would suggest you dismantle as much of the works as you dare and leave the carcass as near empty as you can. The usual caveats would apply to spray painting

If you are just thinking of decorating the existing colour scheme, that shouldn't be a problem if you have a steady hand and a good paintbrush.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply brother! Yeah I was kinda leaning against doing the spray paint thing, particularly because it has a sound engine an isnt just a midi controller. Not to mention its definetly not a cheap piece. I've been trying to find someone who has done it to give me simple and stupid instructions that I can get a warm fuzzy on. A buddy in Chicago has his(AX7 based but custom I believe) done at a car body shop but not what im looking for lol. I've seen some of the old Casio Az's with an EVH pin stripe and figured that'd be pretty easy but again I want imput lol...... maybe some sort of stick setup but that will wear off with time..... It hurts my heart that roland didn't do something really cool with it.

Ask a Question