PC3 LE8 2 months out of warranty, has drum pad bug that plays drum through any sound - warranty not recognised!

Reaction score
My PC3LE8 is 2 months out of warranty and has developed a frequent drum pad bug that constantly plays a drum beat no matter what sound I select. This renders my PC3LE8 unsuitable for playing at gigs and I put it in for a warranty service. KURZWEIL HAVE REFUSED TO HONOUR WARRANTY and have offered to either disable the drum pads or I have to pay freight and to have the parts replaced. 2 months out of a 2 year warranty on an expensive keyboard. The new K series has 3 years warranty. That sucks. I have never connected it to a computer, never downloaded any samples, have not updated it, it is not something that I "turned on or downloaded" myself (as they seem to think). A Factory reset does not resolve the problem. I tried and so did Australis Music Group (who have been very helpful and seem quite embarrassed that I have to pay to have this fixed).

Has anyone else had the same problem?
Kurzweil - NOT recommended.
Australis - HIGHLY recommended.

Reaction score
Welcome.

That sucks.

Do you know how much freight will cost you?

Have Kursweil given any indication of what they will charge you?

Personally whatever is done to the keyboard then I would have doubt about it for the rest of my ownership.

I would cut my losses and sell it as a working but defective unit and use the cash to part fund another makers keyboard.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Are we talking the cost of shipping it back to China or the cost of shipping to your nearest regional repair center or distributor?

If it's the latter, then it wouldn't matter if it was a Korg, a Roland or a Yamaha. They all have the same policy. Warranties cover parts and labor for varying lengths of time and NEVER cover shipping. The first thirty days and you might be lucky enough to have return shipping covered to the dealer under his warranty but even that is usually a big IF.

Did you buy it locally or online? If you bought from a local shop they might eat the bill to ship it back to the distributor.

Still, 26 months old and warranties expire like time bombs. Again, none of the big manufacturers will give you the time of day once it's one day past the warranty period. That's the capitalist business model.

Like it or lump it. :p

Gary ;)

Ask a Question