PC3-X no sound below A above Middl3 C

Reaction score
Hi... I've likely hit a bad combination of buttons or something... after all these years. When using the regular programs of my Kurz PC3-X, the keys below A above middle C are not responding. They all work fine when using Setups... but in the factory Programs... nothing below that A above middle C.

Have I hit something somewhere? Is this a setting issue? Any suggestions? A panic reset does not fix it... and I'd like to fix this w/o a total reset.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The PC3x uses two contact boards that control the keys for the full span of the keyboard.

In your case it may be that the keyboard connector to the lower board has oxidized and needs to be unplugged, cleaned up and replugged again.

See Youtube for info on how to dismantle and reassemble Kurzweil Keyboards for repair.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
The PC3x uses two contact boards that control the keys for the full span of the keyboard.

In your case it may be that the keyboard connector to the lower board has oxidized and needs to be unplugged, cleaned up and replugged again.

See Youtube for info on how to dismantle and reassemble Kurzweil Keyboards for repair.

Gary ;)
Not sure I agree with this. If this were the case then those keys wouldn't work in setup mode either. I believe a factory reset is in order. Save your programs/setups to a storage medium and reload the operating systems (this process takes about 5 minutes in total). Then reload your programs and setups. If it persists after this then (e-mail address removed) is in order.

Reaction score
OK... yes, this appears to be a software issue... and the ol' "reboot" appears to be in order. Appreciate the responses.

Ask a Question