PC3LE8 Pitch fluctuating

Reaction score
Hi Folks,every now and then whilst playing i am getting a pitch fluctuation on the keyboard.
The pitch wheel indicator is showing up on screen as being moved but i am not touching it.
Any remedies please.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It could be a dirty pot wiper that could be opened and cleaned but more likely is defective and needs to be replaced.

PITA job.

Check your manual on which button presses put it into diagnostic mode (I can't remember exactly which ones atm) and rotate the pitch wheel a few times to see where the indications go.

But I'm pretty sure you need to replace it.

If it's under warranty find an authorized repair shop in your area.

I would also suggest double checking with (e-mail address removed) before you attempt replacement.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Many thanks for the reply, i will run the diagnostics. I have a feeling it may be stuck up with my wife,s
hairspray as she tends to spray it near that end of the keyboard now and then.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Good luck with that. It's not that easy a part to replace. It's an entire subassembly containing both wheels and the buttons as well connected by a mylar flat cable. Very delicate and very fussy.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question