Pedal cable for Kurzweil 152i

Reaction score
Hi. I am seeking a pedal cable for a Kurzweil 152i. Would anyone know where I might fine one? Thanks.

Reaction score
I pulled the description from the Kurzweil site. Here is what I see:

Audio Controls:Front panel volume, treble, and bass sliders.
Audio Outs:(2) line level RCA jacks
Audio Ins:(2) line level RCA jacks (for connecting external sound sources)
Headphones:(2) 1/4″ stereo headphone outs
MIDI I/O:MIDI In, Out and Thru jacks.
OS Updates:Flash ROM allows for updating of the Operating System via disk. Operating Systems can be downloaded at no charge.
Pedals:(3) programmable switch-type: sustain, sostenuto, soft (defaults)

(1) programmable Continuous Controller (volume by default)
Pitch Bend:(1) Ribbon strip
Finishes:Ebony, Mahogany Red, and Mahogany Brown Polish
Bench:Matching bench included.
Dimensions:39.75″(H) x 58.25″(W) x 59″(D)
Weight:512 lbs

Are you missing the cable that connects the pedals to your 152? Please provide a little more clarity as to why you would need the cables and not the entire pedal units themselves (which typically have the cables already connected to them). Also, in the above picture, which cable for which pedal are you in need of?

I'm asking these questions because as I look at a picture of a 152i (https://www.ebay.com/c/1963660567) it appears that the 152 already has pedals attached to it; so I'm trying to correlate your question about the cable to the pictures. The only thing I can think of is that the cable connecting the pedals to the keyboard is broken or missing and you're trying to replace it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I pulled the description from the Kurzweil site. Here is what I see:

Audio Controls:Front panel volume, treble, and bass sliders.
Audio Outs:(2) line level RCA jacks
Audio Ins:(2) line level RCA jacks (for connecting external sound sources)
Headphones:(2) 1/4″ stereo headphone outs
MIDI I/O:MIDI In, Out and Thru jacks.
OS Updates:Flash ROM allows for updating of the Operating System via disk. Operating Systems can be downloaded at no charge.
Pedals:(3) programmable switch-type: sustain, sostenuto, soft (defaults)

(1) programmable Continuous Controller (volume by default)
Pitch Bend:(1) Ribbon strip
Finishes:Ebony, Mahogany Red, and Mahogany Brown Polish
Bench:Matching bench included.
Dimensions:39.75″(H) x 58.25″(W) x 59″(D)
Weight:512 lbs

Are you missing the cable that connects the pedals to your 152? Please provide a little more clarity as to why you would need the cables and not the entire pedal units themselves (which typically have the cables already connected to them). Also, in the above picture, which cable for which pedal are you in need of?

I'm asking these questions because as I look at a picture of a 152i (https://www.ebay.com/c/1963660567) it appears that the 152 already has pedals attached to it; so I'm trying to correlate your question about the cable to the pictures. The only thing I can think of is that the cable connecting the pedals to the keyboard is broken or missing and you're trying to replace it.
Hi Dave,
What happened is a puppy chewed through the cable some time ago and I have misplaced the end that looks like a midi connector. I disassembled the pedals to get the other end of the cable. I have included pictures in emails to you.
65337AF1-32DC-45E7-A607-0F6190A5E9F1.png

Reaction score
I'm assuming it is the pedal called 'Switch' and not the CC pedal (which requires is a 1/4" TRS male). The Switch appears to be a specialty 5 pin male connector, although it appears only 4 of the 5 pins actually carry a signal. I have not seen that female "Switch" plug before and worse than that, even if I knew the source to purchase that 5 pin I would not know which pins on the plug you would attach the yellow, white, red and bare wire to.

Contact Jean at Kurzweil ((e-mail address removed)). Reference this page (https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/pedal-cable-for-kurzweil-152i.30818/) as it is pretty self explanatory with the pictures you've provided. They probably have the service manual schematic that would allow them to see if they have the entire end-to-end plug in stock at some parts depot so that you just pull out the old part and plug in the new one. Good luck.

Ask a Question