Piano for all or something else?

Reaction score
Greetings! New member here and here's my first post on this forum yay! As my user name suggests, I'm an adult beginning learner in keyboard. My goal is to - mainly through self-teaching - be able to pick up new tunes of pop music and maybe "light" classics relatively quickly, and play fluently. I am in the middle of the Alfred's Teach Yourself Electronic Keyboard, which is great and going well with me. Now, I'm thinking what's next after this book. I have heard a lot of good things about Piano For All and I bought the ebook. My question is for keyboard players, is it an "overkill" since it's very much "chords driven" and it assume we are playing chords with both hands "on our own"? Is there another good resource for beginning intermediate learners you recommend? Thank you!

Reaction score
Piano For All is a presently a one off $39 US which gives a limited number of modules via 9 interactive eBooks.

It does have a pretty good series of reviews.

Others to check out are Flowkey, Simply Piano and Skoove which both have higher subscription costs.

What you will use and how you learn will be dependent upon how you want to play, playing a keyboard and playing a piano is two different techniques, related yes, but different.

My point being if you want to play classics learn using a piano based tutorial app.

If you want to play left handed chords and right handed melody lines then learn a keyboard based system.

If you want to jam along with pop songs and develop these into playing them outright then checkout the learning system on pianogenius.com

Reaction score
Thank you for the response! I purposefully avoid those "gamenized" tutorial software like flowkey etc. Too childish for my taste. LOL I agree that a *good* keyboard based system may be more helpful, but what's out there that teach keyboard playing "systematically"? I'll check out pianogenius.com. Thanks again!

Reaction score
Wait, isn't pianogenius.com another "piano" teaching system?

Yes, it is a different approach that may or may not help you.

Just giving you options.

BTW
I have used Flowkey for three months since the three month subscription came with my Yamaha Digital Piano and not being one to dismiss something for free I gave it a go. It is not a game based system, it teaches Piano playing in a style that moves at a rate you are comfortable with.

Ask a Question