Piano/Keyboard Lesssons - Recommendations for Notts/Derby Area

Reaction score
Hi,

Once Corona has settled down and we've all managed to get back to our everyday lives, I'd like to take up piano/keyboard lessons.

Trouble is I don't know where to start. I used to play keyboard years ago (about 15 years ago) but never really felt it. Now after getting into EDM and house music, listening to chords and the tones made by both piano and synthesized instruments, I'd like to take it up again.

Can anyone recommend any places where I could take up this hobby? I'm based in Notts/Derby area, so around there would be good. I know there's apps and online courses to take, but I'd like somewhere to visit and someone to teach me.

Any help would be great!
Thanks

Reaction score
Why wait? A lot of teachers are using Skype, Zoom, etc to do lessons now and I’m sure they’d appreciate the work at the moment. Get on Google and start searching!

Reaction score

A bit of searching and telephoning for advice will get you going.

Do you have a keyboard?

Do you want to learn to play piano or a keyboard?

There are plenty of resources on this forum that can help you with instrument choices, music theory and online websites.

Meanwhile if you are not familiar with video conferencing installing Skype and Zoom and learning how to use them will be time well spent since face to face tuition will be many, many weeks off.

There are online Apps like Flowkey and Skoove which can help.

Also checkout the “piano genius” website online, he does have some freebie taster vids on Youtube. His system of playing may well match your keyboard needs.

Ask a Question