Pianoteq sounds from Piano speakers but...

Reaction score
Hello to all.
I am new at midi connections and I have this problem. I have a Yamaha CSP-170 and I connect it to my laptop with USB with Steinberg USB drivers, so I can have the pianoteq sound engine through my piano's speakers. But the problem is that I hear both sounds from my piano's speakers. I can't mute the original sounds of the CSP-170. Can you help me please?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If I understand what you're trying to do-- use your CSP-170 as a MIDI keyboard controller to play Pianoteq and have only the Pianoteq sound come from your CSP-170's speakers-- then you'll want to look in your CSP-170's Owner's Manual to see how to turn the Local Control setting to "off" so the CSP-170 won't produce any sounds of its own when you play it. Later, when you want the CSP-170 to produce its own sounds again, be sure to turn the Local Control back "on."

Reaction score
short term possible solution, turn the volume dial on the CSP-170 to zero so that the local sounds from the CSp-170 aren't audible.

Ask a Question