Pink Floyd's Brain Damage & Eclipse

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
It's great to see how you all can still play together so wonderfully despite socially distancing. Technology is grand!

As for "One of These Days," it's also one of my favorites, but I think "Echoes" beats it. And I never understood what they were saying in "One of These Days"-- until I saw the movie "Pink Floyd: Live at Pompeii."

Reaction score
Floyd nut here. Ricky one of my favorite keys player. I use to do this in band many years ago (in the mid 90's) lugging my Hammond/Leslie. Looking back now I had to be out of my mind. Also carried a Rhodes, Clav, Wurli and CP70 at some point back them but rarely altogether unless it was a theatre production or large outside event; and I had to solicit help because the stuff weighed a 1/2 ton and I needed a trailer to haul it all. I can get 90% of the way there now with my Gemini module, Neo Ventilator and Kurzweil (a combined 45 pounds) and those accessories fit in a shoulder bag.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
"Dark Side of the Moon" was my first Pink Floyd album, but once I discovered their earlier albums I think "Meddle" may have usurped its place at the top. My favorite Floyd tunes are the extended ones that grow and develop and transition musically over a nice, long time! :cool:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I did get to see this clip a few days ago.
I gave it a thumbs up on the youtube comments page.
I give it a "like" here as well.
Musically ... a blend of awesome.
Vocally .... brilliant harmonies.

A difficult tune to play (I would inagine) Playing it remotely would require intense concentration.

You guys did that tune supreme justice.

Ray

Reaction score
Thanks Ray, Michael, Col and Dave for your thoughts and commentary.

Since we’re discussing favourites, I’ll let you know mine is Dogs from Animals. I do however love Meddle and DSOTM too. One of These Days has been a staple of our set for years and we used to do Echoes Part 1 and 2 but dropped it as it was consuming a quarter of our time on stage. Both great tracks!

I have to say not being able to gig has been incredibly demotivational. These iso projects we’ve been doing have really helped us all from a mental health perspective.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I think I'm speaking for all of us when I say, "Do You Guys Take Covid Requests?" :)

I would love to hear some of your vintage stuff right now and who knows? It could win your group appreciation on the world wide web as well. There's a whole wide web out there who have never been exposed to your stuff. :cool:

Anyway, how hard would it be to wire up one of your regular jam sessions for recording in a covid riddled world.

Just spitballing here but I do know that little tiny Tim would be forever on crutches unless he gets the operation that a benefit concert would pay for. Plus he's dying and hearing "One of these Days" played by geniuses would ease his passing from this world :D

All the best...

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Great progressive thinking there Gary.
I support your ideas wholeheartedly.

Having seen one of Paul's shows live, got me to collect the complete PF catalogue in cd format. Almost there but for a couple of albums. The "Animals" album is my current fav.

If EOPF had some cd's . . I would buy.

I have to say not being able to gig has been incredibly demotivational. These iso projects we’ve been doing have really helped us all from a mental health perspective.
I am so glad. Keep plugging man!

Cheers.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW Paul. No arbitrary time limits on a webcast either. In fact, the longer you have eyes on the page the more clicks you earn. Time to embrace the latest media man.

Just throwin' it out there. :)

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, Just pulled the Meddle CD from my collection and I'm listening to it the way it was meant to listened to. All the way thru, wearing headphones with the bass cranked up and a lit joint between my fingers.:D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
You guys are very kind and supportive. It means a lot to me as I am struggling deeply with the COVID situation. For this I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I don't have very good words to express this, but please know I'm very thankful and appreciative.

Gary you have given me a couple of good ideas which I will discuss with the band. Your proactive and positive mindset is very much appreciated.

Ray - you are a gentleman in every sense of the word.

I've made some great friends on this forum. Thanks again chaps.

Ask a Question