Pitch and mod wheels

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The guy's left hand in the video is just hanging down doing nothing anyway.

Like I said. GIMMICK!!!!

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
He does a great version of the Santana song with the pitch bend.
The idea of using a thumb bar has its merits.

Anyway, I like the guys tie :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually from what I can see, bending a note down is no big deal but when you flip it UP, then it becomes an obstacle to the keyboard...

Reaction score
The guy's left hand in the video is just hanging down doing nothing anyway.

Like I said. GIMMICK!!!!
Look again... his left hand is playing chords on the lower board (usually with a piano sound of some sort. And that's the point, not needing to take your left hand away from playing something else, just to add expression to your lead sound. (That's one of the main benefits of aftertouch, too.)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Look again... his left hand is playing chords on the lower board (usually with a piano sound of some sort. And that's the point, not needing to take your left hand away from playing something else, just to add expression to your lead sound. (That's one of the main benefits of aftertouch, too.)

That still doesn't change the fact that every time you flip that stupid bar up it interferes with all your fingers.

Somehow I don't foresee this technology becoming standard on keyboards anytime soon.

I see it going up and down in the video, but that controls Either Pitch bend OR Modulation. NOT both.

Aftertouch is very intuitive to use.

This thing looks like a Rube Goldberg contraption.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BUT!

Is it ergonomically sound to have that stupid bar flapping around in front of your keys?

Reaction score
Anotherscott gets it. I perform as a one-man band playing 3 keyboards usually. I sequence my own bass/drum/perc tracks and play everything else live. This version if the TBC is for 49 key or less synths, that you most likely use for solos. I envision a version for larger keyboards that would connect only on the right side of the keyboard and be like a telescoping baton, that could be adjusted to the split point and operated by the right hand and not interfering with left hand play. Once again, this would allow articulation that wheels and joysticks cannot achieve.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Why not read about it before you ask silly questions?

Read what? All I see is a stupid video with no links to any website.

The ink on the patent is still wet.

Nobody manufactures these.

No details of how it's attached or mounted.

To me this looks as practical as a steam powered refrigerator.

Gimmick!

Reaction score

Gimmick!
For those of that cannot see the text associated w/the Youtube video, I am pasting here to give anonymous trolls some more ammunition to knock this invention. In case you weren’t aware, the clav whammy is bending strings. The TBC is electronic & connected into the pitch/mod circuitry to allow for editing/storing settings. ..utube text…

I was just issued a patent on The Thumb Bar Controller, to hopefully someday replace or compliment pitch/mod wheels & joysticks (that require a second hand) and pedals! (It’s hard to do pitch with a pedal!) It is more expressive and precise for recording or performance. (This is a proof of concept/prototype. Ideally it would be made as part of the keyboard, with the arms protruding through slots on either side of the keys.)

I started with a simpler version, pitch only, but thought I should include both controllers when I developed Dupuytren's Contracture in both hands. Not knowing which hand would go first, I realized I could help others that had lost an upper limb or were not given two arms.

***If there is ever going to be change, it is up to players to request it from the manufacturers.***Watch the full video to see all you can do!!!

THNX Pls share w/ other musicians.

Gimmick!

Reaction score
For those of that cannot see the text associated w/the Youtube video, I am pasting here to give anonymous trolls some more ammunition to knock this invention. In case you weren’t aware, the clav whammy is bending strings. The TBC is electronic & connected into the pitch/mod circuitry to allow for editing/storing settings. ..utube text…

I was just issued a patent on The Thumb Bar Controller, to hopefully someday replace or compliment pitch/mod wheels & joysticks (that require a second hand) and pedals! (It’s hard to do pitch with a pedal!) It is more expressive and precise for recording or performance. (This is a proof of concept/prototype. Ideally it would be made as part of the keyboard, with the arms protruding through slots on either side of the keys.)

I started with a simpler version, pitch only, but thought I should include both controllers when I developed Dupuytren's Contracture in both hands. Not knowing which hand would go first, I realized I could help others that had lost an upper limb or were not given two arms.

***If there is ever going to be change, it is up to players to request it from the manufacturers.***Watch the full video to see all you can do!!!

THNX Pls share w/ other musicians.
I believe the video has www.rlfx.com at the bottom all through the video, but thanks for helping me promote that fact.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It's wired into the pitch bend electronics?

Why not just use an arduino to send the info as MIDI CCs?

Seriously I think you wasted your money on the patent.

Ask a Question