Pitch Bend Wheel (KURZWEIL PC1X)

Reaction score
Hello! I've been playing music on many instruments for about 20 years now, about 12 years for piano....that being said, I haven't ever really had anything other than a Yamaha or salvaged/garage sale upright lol. So, I don't know hardly ANYTHING about editing and adjusting anything in the setting for keyboards, let alone this Kurzweil PC1X. It's the nicest keyboard I've had to date so I want to learn everything I can about it until I can one day get a newer model.

ANYWAY; My keyboard started going in and out of tune while playing it. Randomly. I saw several other people who experienced the same problem for the same keyboard. One solution was to get some Deoxit and spray the components and wheel itself. That seems to have fixed the problem so far. Before I did that I reset the Kurzweil to factory settings and now the pitch bend wheel only goes up and down 1/2 step. I've followed the manual and tried to adjust the bendrange and pitch "cents" ??? to what the manual says in order to do a whole step bend. But nothing I'm doing is seeming to adjust....well, anything
99% chance I just have no idea what I'm doing. Any help is appreciated!

(Here are the steps I took to get to the pitch bend settings)
SETUP---EDIT---MIDIXMI (or something like that)
That is where the bend range and cents are located.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Set the range to Zero. That should disable the pitch wheel until you can replace it.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Okay!
I don’t know if I can get a replacement for this specific keyboard…maybe used online? Either way, I’ve considered getting a ribbon to try those out.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Reaction score
Hello! I've been playing music on many instruments for about 20 years now, about 12 years for piano....that being said, I haven't ever really had anything other than a Yamaha or salvaged/garage sale upright lol. So, I don't know hardly ANYTHING about editing and adjusting anything in the setting for keyboards, let alone this Kurzweil PC1X. It's the nicest keyboard I've had to date so I want to learn everything I can about it until I can one day get a newer model.

ANYWAY; My keyboard started going in and out of tune while playing it. Randomly. I saw several other people who experienced the same problem for the same keyboard. One solution was to get some Deoxit and spray the components and wheel itself. That seems to have fixed the problem so far. Before I did that I reset the Kurzweil to factory settings and now the pitch bend wheel only goes up and down 1/2 step. I've followed the manual and tried to adjust the bendrange and pitch "cents" ??? to what the manual says in order to do a whole step bend. But nothing I'm doing is seeming to adjust....well, anything
99% chance I just have no idea what I'm doing. Any help is appreciated!

(Here are the steps I took to get to the pitch bend settings)
SETUP---EDIT---MIDIXMI (or something like that)
That is where the bend range and cents are located.
I could be wrong and I dont own a PC1 but on my PC3 despite setting bend range up and down an octave in the master section, on many programs it still only bends two steps because within the program itself, on the common tab, the bend range is only set for 2 steps. So check to see if the factory reset changed the bend ranges within the programs and perhaps they are only set to 1/2 step up and down.

Ask a Question