Playing Back Huge File on Juno DS

HKC

Reaction score
Hi there
I have a problem after importing a fairly huge sample on my Juno DS (13 MB, so not gigantic).
I want the sample to play back by just triggering it (like a cymbal) but I can't find out how. I haven't found anything in the manual about how to turn imported samples into "one shots".
I want to place the sound on the keyboard, not as a song file.
Can anybody help me out.

All the Best
Henrik Krogh

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'll take a closer look at the samples on my DS88 tomorrow Henrik. I'd imagine it would be playable as a one shot if you set it up to be triggered using one of the pads.

Here's a video on Juno DS sampling basics.

Gary ;)

HKC

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply
It is no problem to play back the file on one of the pads, I know how to do that.
The problem is that I want to trigger it by midi and I can't find anyway to place it on the keyboard.
I would have thought that it would be a fairly common use of the "import file" feature for ie drumloops but it turns out that it's not :)
I am starting to doubt that it's possible. The "one shot" feature is not included in Sample edit as far as I can see.

All the best
Henrik

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I believe that I've read somewhere online that samples are not accessible via MIDI on the DS. I also read that the sequencer patterns are also not accessible via MIDI.

You might be able to confirm this over at http://forums.rolandclan.com/ and add this to the wish list for the next firmware update.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I believe that I've read somewhere online that samples are not accessible via MIDI on the DS.
Samples can be assigned to keys (AFAIK, that's the only way you can ever hear them). Once a sample has been assigned to a key, you would be able to trigger it via MIDI just like any other keyboard-playable sound.

HKC

Reaction score
But the problem is that the sample will not play back in the entire length without keeping the key pressed which is the problem I want to solve. Basically like a cymbal sample but 1 min long.
I should have been more precise in my description.... Sorry

Henrik

Ask a Question