Playing Live - swapping sounds easily without a laptop

Reaction score
Hi - I'm new to the forum and have searched but cant find an answer to this (probably means its a silly question)

My band have used FL studio on a few of our tracks (Android phone/tablet version)
We want to play the songs live and use the same sounds we have recorded.
I have a little midi keyboard and can connect it to my phone and run FL studio and connect the headphone socket out to an amp - it all works perfectly.

However, we need to switch between a number of different sounds - we don't want to run/play back any of the programmed tracks, we want to play them live using the midi keyboard.

Is there a way I can use the sounds and swap between them easily without having to navigate FL studio when changing from say plucked guitar to grand piano.
I really don't want to be using a laptop if I can help it. Hardware sound modules that I've looked at don't have the noises we want (can you get ones you can load sounds onto?).

Is there a simple app or way round this so we can load up a bank of perhaps 10 sounds and choose them quickly and easily (I can kind of do it on FL studio - its a great program for writing but I'm finding it awkward to use in live practices and also not fantastically reliable)

Thanks for any help you can give.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You say hardware modules don't have the sounds you are looking for.

Take a look at the Roland Integra 7.

If that doesn't have the sounds you need I'll eat my hat :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hi thanks. I think I should have clarified. . . 'Hardware solutions that I can afford at the moment - don't have the sounds we have used.' That Roland looks great but way out of my reach at the moment.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
How about a used Korg Triton Rack? Or Korg M3M module?

These were good enough for the likes of Keith Emerson and Jordan Rudess once.

They can still belt out a decent tune.

Or a used Yamaha Motif Rack?

There must be something there that fits your budget?

Gary ;)

Ask a Question