Playing Sound Samples using Midi

Reaction score
Hi,
Using a Yamaha EZ-220 Keyboard and I want to play some Sound Samples (.wavs/.MP3's) across the Keyboard on my PC.
Can anybody recommend some less complicated Software so I can Load in some Sounds and use the MIDI on my Keyboard to experiment with the sounds across the keys in some PC Softwware??

Thanks for any info..

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
What software are you using now? (You said "some less complicated Software" so I'm assuming that you're already using something that's more complicated than you'd like.)

Also, which computer operating system are you using-- Windows, Mac, or Linux?

There are various programs you could use. Most DAWs should let you do that, either with a virtual instrument or some kind of sample player. My favorite DAW for playing virtual instruments is Acoustica Mixcraft, because I find it very simple to use. There's a free program called SynthFont which is a soundfont player and sequencer, although you can play other types of samples and instrument plugins with it. And there are programs like SampleTank or Komplete.

Reaction score
PC: Windows 10

Just looked at some other software and although they are excellent for lots of adjustments to use, I just wanted something easy to start with. As well as learning on my Yamaha to play, it was something else to explore using MIDI bending sounds.. thanks for any info..

Ask a Question