Playing style

Reaction score
Just opening up a discussion on playing style. I'm really impressed with this guy's ability to multitask two keyboards on every single song his band does, and it's a LOT of songs, his repertoire seems to be upwards of a couple hundred: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC403Da9swqsQiy_oqGEYT2A

It's not just that he's multitasking - I think most of us can do that for some songs. But he does it with equal grace no matter what the style, mood, groove, etc. And that's what impresses me.

For me personally, there's certain songs, for whatever reason - groove, beat, arrangement - that I'm unable to do it; while there's other songs that it feels totally comfortable and natural.

So I'm curious about the general mix among other keyboardists - how many of you are able to totally multitask 2 keyboards no matter what song is thrown at you, versus how many of your are more like me, versus the opposite end of the scale how many of you are "screw it, I can't do that on any song, just give me a single keyboard for everything."

Reaction score
I like to get onto that guy's channel every few days and see what new he's posted. Just checked out this new one:
lol, it's the only one where's only playing a single keyboard. But he's killing it. I don't know how he memorizes all these songs, I can barely keep 25 or 30 in my head. Granted on many songs he's looking at his iPad but even then he seems to have all the arrangement, solos, and synth patches memorized.

Ask a Question