Please help with Roland exr 7s no sound at all!

Reaction score
please.... i need your fast response because Roland service center in my country cannot handle this job because there is no spare parts for old model anymore.

ok, ill tell you my story.
my keyboard have some DC jack problem. when the keyboard little shaking, it always die because the female jack on keyboard is broken.
and... i try to open the key board and change the female jack. and im pretty sure its fit perfectly. and then i turn on the keyboard but there is no power at all. no lights come out and the display is dead.
Im little bit panic, because my keyboard never had any problem before. and then i check again all cable connection... and i found some wierd flexible cable. I mean it looks like I put it in the wrong position. because the flexible cable looks twisted. so I tried to put it in a different direction. and finally the keyboard turns on! but ........ he didn't make any sound even at a very large volume. I tried connecting the keyboard to the amplifier via phones or R / L out, but I only heard distortion sound. I felt I had damaged it just by mounting the wrong direction of the flexible cable. because all I know is the cable with the jack on the end can't be installed in the wrong direction. but apparently not for this one. but the keyboard can still be used with MIDI. I tried connecting it to a PC via a USB cable, and MIDI is still functioning properly. so I can only play it via a PC. but because MIDI is not output directly from the keyboard, so the sound that comes out on the PC is delay. so I need info from you guys. Can I still fix my keyboard? or can only play it with MIDI (delay voice)? Thank you so much!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Basically you are screwed....

tech-rates.jpg

Gary ;)

Reaction score
The exr7 has a "barrell plug" connector (cylindrical shaped). The center appears to be positive and the outside of the connector is negative. You reversed the wires which means you made the outside positive and the inside negative. Then you turned it on; thus most likely frying some internal components.

Reaction score
Thanks. in this week, maybe i will upload the mother board photo or the wrong cable position photo.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Uploading a picture won't help anyone.

You probably fried the main board.

At this point it will cost more to fix than it's worth.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
And it is NOT a DIY job for you.

An authorized tech will charge you more than the board is worth to fix it.

Sell it on Ebay for parts and buy something new.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question