Postmodern Jukebox

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
This is an absolutely amazing and virtually unknown band that popped up in my inbox last week.

They have over a hundred videos on Youtube all made with stunning production values.

Basically they take modern pop tunes and cover them in retro styles drawn from the entire musical history of the twentieth century.

My advice is to just take one of their playlists and let it play thru uninterrupted for three or four hours. Your ears will thank you for it :D

https://www.youtube.com/user/ScottBradleeLovesYa

Enjoy ;)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I've been following them for a while now, love what they do with those songs. Definitely recommend you guys and girls check them out. This has often helped me with inspiration for piano lines for songs I'm working on.

Reaction score
I listened to their 'Swipe Right For Vintage' album today, it was really good! Looking forward to listening to the rest :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I've looked them up on Amazon. They have three or four CDs released but unfortunately they're all out of print.

While personally I wouldn't mind selling my own stuff on iTunes when it comes to my personal collection I want the physical CD, not a 99 cent download.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I've looked them up on Amazon. They have three or four CDs released but unfortunately they're all out of print.

While personally I wouldn't mind selling my own stuff on iTunes when it comes to my personal collection I want the physical CD, not a 99 cent download.

Gary ;)

I know exactly what you mean, I used to feel the same way. I like the comfort of having a CD, but since getting a subscription to Deezer (which we initially got free for a year but now pay for) I'm a total convert! Most things I want to listen to are on there - the only genres I have more difficulty with are opera and some obscure classical stuff. I think I spend less overall now too, which is nice :)

Reaction score
P.S. I have now listened to the 'Emoji Antique' album (I loved their version of Gangsters Paradise!) and currently on to 'Selfies on a Kodachrome' :D

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Love it!

Weird I know but lately I've been developing an appreciation for retro music styles.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I'm currently making a playlist for our 1920s NYE party, so am currently listening to lost of Postmodern Jukebox, Tape Five, and Caravan Palace :D

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You may want to save yourself some work and simply choose a shoutcast netradio station for your party soundtrack.

They have all sorts of themed commercial free stations as well as commercial stations from around the world.

Playable with Winamp. Here's the URL.

http://www.shoutcast.com/Search

And here's a local commercial station I spend a lot of time listening to these days.

http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=18014

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
So Becky!

How did your New Year's Bash end up?

What playlist did you end up using?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
So Becky!

How did your New Year's Bash end up?

What playlist did you end up using?

Gary ;)

Sadly I logged off after my message above so I didn't see your reply! Good to know for next time though, thanks for the recommendation :)

The party was a hoot! Went on until 4.30am, and there was a lot of dancing. Took all day yesterday to get cleaned up, but worth the effort! :D

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I managed to ring in the new year peacefully asleep and sawing wood :D

These holidays tend to lose their zing after 50 or 60 of them and a good night's sleep is worth a thousand hangovers :D

All the same, I'm happy to hear that you had a good time ;)

Gary ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camolad

Latest Threads