Power supply (voltage) for a CUP-1?

Reaction score
hey all, first time here. I'm in the US, looking to purchase a new CUP-1 digital piano. Sweetwater's site show the piano uses a DC 15v wallwart, but Kurzweil's site offers a download of the manual and that manual (English version) shows a 220v AC wall connection ? I'm really hoping this is not a 220v unit?

Reaction score
I checked the Kurzweil site and saw this:

1637674756674.png

If it is the modern external power supply being used it should handle 100-240V inputs and the power supply does the conversion; so at the end of the day it shouldn't matter. Like a smart phone, the power supply (with the proper pronged plug attached to it) can be used globally as it takes input variations of 100-240V and converts it to the correct voltage. Whenever I see odd voltage requirements (i.e. not 5,6,9,12 volts) I tend to always purchase a backup power supply in the event of a power supply failure.

Reaction score
You probably just got a link to the UK version of the Kurz manual. SW has a toll free number so people can ask questions. Best, Don

Ask a Question