Pre-program voice sequence on psr?

Reaction score
Hi guys, just saw a video, a person played a piece of music on Yamaha psr with piano sound, Brass, flute, etc sequentially without having to press any button to change the sound. I wonder how that's done. Can we pre-program "voice" sequence based on timing or certain keys or perhaps pedal? Thanks.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
With psr you can have a split point whereby each side of the split point can be assigned to different voices.
But to change voices throughout the whole tune without pressing buttons is a mystery to me.

Reaction score
Thanks guys. So it seems that if it's doable , its extremely unusual.
Let me see if I can find that youtube video again, see if there's any other clue..I'll post it here too if I find it.

Reaction score

Not sure if it is what I think I saw, but it seems that the guys used 3 different sound without pressing buttons. ...

Reaction score
The power of foot pedals.

If you can, wait to watch this - instead, get a friend to play this 6 minute video, and you avoid watching until after you have listened - beginning at 2:20, so you don't hear the talk earlier.

Beginning at 2:20, imagine what set-up might be in place. How many keyboards, people, is it all digital or is there some accompaniment, etc.

Then watch the video. Amazing.

Ask a Question