Price increases

Reaction score
Oh geez i just went on Sweetwater and i noticed a huge price increase on the Kawai MP11SE.
$700 increase. That's insane. I assume there's increases in other gear as well?

Reaction score
It is a bit uneven over here in the UK.

Keyboards like Korg’s Pa4X have gone up by £400 whilst their Nautilus has reduced.

Kawai’s MP11SE looks to have only risen by about £100.

At £1500 Roland’s new Fantom 07 does seem excellent value compared to the Nautilus which is £1900 for the 73 key version.

Reaction score
At this point I may as well wait until the newer version of the Kawai comes out, then maybe the price will drop.
I'm sure it's light years away anyhow. Nothing is in stock anywhere.

Reaction score
Prices are jumping on everything. The Sequential stuff went loopy (the keyboard versions - the desktops are still OK) a month or 2 back. The OB6 went from 2.2k to 3k (UK). I believe its $4k now in the US

I have some "inside" connections lol - and the expectation is for another bog jump before the year is out. If theres something you want, and you can afford it - just get it now.

Reasons:

1. Fuel costs for shipping (not just the final product - the components as well) - thats global, I think US isnt so bad but most stuff isnt made in the US

2. Container prices (4 times what they were a year ago)

3. Electronics - severe shortage, and prices rising considerable (supply and demand).

That last one isn't going away anytime soon. Im not convinced the other 2 will either. ultimately its costing twice as much to make the products, and 4 times as much to ship them compared to a year ago. Only so much gets soaked up before it has to be passed onto customers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Economists predict a recession by 2023. hold your pennies now, the prices will drop once it hits....

Ask a Question