Privia PX3 piano sounds

Reaction score
NEED HELP! I have a new Privia PX3 - Every now and then - for no obvious reason - my piano tones all start sounding like Piano #1 when I use the arrows to move to another Piano number.

When I turn keyboard off and reset to factory settings it goes back to normal. I don't know whether it is something I am doing or a tech glitch. Have talked to Casio Phone Repair techs but they can't help, and there is no local Casio repair anywhere close to Fresno. Has anyone had this problem or might know what is causing this? Thanks - pjburt

Reaction score
From the Keyboard Mag website -

"It is likely that you have selected one of the other inactive zones.

If you look at the left side of your Privia PX-3, you'll see four zone buttons labeled Upper 1 - 2, Lower 1 - 2.

Make certain that you have selected Upper 1 before changing tones. This is your primary zone. Upper 2 can be turned on or off when you press the LAYER button.

As I mentioned on the Facebook group, you should probably set up a few custom registrations and stay in registration mode for a live performance, this will keep things simpler.

-Mike Martin
Casio America, Inc.

It is likely that you have selected one of the other inactive zones.

If you look at the left side of your Privia PX-3, you'll see four zone buttons labeled Upper 1 - 2, Lower 1 - 2.

Make certain that you have selected Upper 1 before changing tones. This is your primary zone. Upper 2 can be turned on or off when you press the LAYER button.

As I mentioned on the Facebook group, you should probably set up a few custom registrations and stay in registration mode for a live performance, this will keep things simpler.

-Mike Martin
Casio America, Inc."

Reaction score
YAAAAAY MIKE! PROBLEM SOLVED! I guess I accidently hit the Lower Zone button and did not realize it - I have not had time to learn everything in Manual yet - have been busy preparing for some shows and have learned only the Manual simple basics so far - "Turn On - Press 1 For Piano" - that's about it. Not even close to knowing how to do a "Registration"

If you are the same Mike Martin - I have watched all of your terrific videos - they are GREAT! I wonder why Privia Tech Keyboard Support/Repair could not give me that simple answer? THANK YOU A SQUILLION!

Reaction score
THANK YOU goz211 for posting that from the other forum - it might help some other Privia Newbies. The forums ROCK! Spent hours online, emailing and phoning Privia Support Techs and they didn't have a clue - strange.

Reaction score
Belated welcome to the forum.

It's a great keyboard - full 88 piano style weighted keys, good value, piano sound is good, very light for gigging, proper L+R audio outs (not just stereo headphone out). Got a chance to play one a few months back - may pick one up yet.

(P.S. I'm not Mike Martin)

Reaction score
Yes - I know you are not Mike - but the quote from Keyboard Mag Website that you posted is from him...that's where I originally found my answer. When ever I have a prob I post it several places and always get some rapid responses.

Ask a Question