Problem in connecting keyboard to Pc

Reaction score
I have this keyboard
https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-PSRE-343-61-Key-Portable-Keyboard/dp/B00CGDJFPA
My pc can not recognize the instrument when I connect it with a printer USB cable
and for installation of drivers it is necessary for the PC to recognize the keyboard
my PC shows me this message
Screenshot (99).png

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
What version of Windows is the computer running?

Make sure the USB cable is not longer than 3 meters.

Make sure it is a USB 2 or USB 1 cable, not a USB 3 cable.

Make sure the cable itself is working properly.

If possible, connect it to a USB 2 port on the computer, not a USB 3 port (but if the computer only has USB 3 ports, I think a USB 3 port should work as long as you're using a USB 2 or USB 1 cable that is not too long).

Connect the keyboard to the computer with the keyboard turned off.

If possible, use the power adapter rather than batteries to power the keyboard.

Turn on the keyboard after it is connected.

Make sure you have the correct version of the Yamaha USB-MIDI driver for the version of Windows your computer is running.

Do not try to install the Yamaha USB-MIDI driver until after the keyboard has been connected and turned on.

Reaction score
What version of Windows is the computer running?

Make sure the USB cable is not longer than 3 meters.

Make sure it is a USB 2 or USB 1 cable, not a USB 3 cable.

Make sure the cable itself is working properly.

If possible, connect it to a USB 2 port on the computer, not a USB 3 port (but if the computer only has USB 3 ports, I think a USB 3 port should work as long as you're using a USB 2 or USB 1 cable that is not too long).

Connect the keyboard to the computer with the keyboard turned off.

If possible, use the power adapter rather than batteries to power the keyboard.

Turn on the keyboard after it is connected.

Make sure you have the correct version of the Yamaha USB-MIDI driver for the version of Windows your computer is running.

Do not try to install the Yamaha USB-MIDI driver until after the keyboard has been connected and turned on.
Thank You
mine is windows 8, 64 bit
usb cable is 1 meter
i connected and tried all the usb ports on the CPU but no result
I always use power adapter
i did everything that u said
no result
maybe my keyboard is broken
driver : https://in.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/umd_win64_kbd.html

Reaction score

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
That appears to be the correct driver. Are you connecting the keyboard and turning it on before you try to install the driver?

Also, are you trying to connect to a USB hub? You can't use a hub, you must connect to the computer directly.

Additionally, if you're trying to use a Windows 8 tablet or laptop and it has one of those smaller USB ports, you will need to use a different type of USB cable, one that fits the USB port (USB-C?).

Note that if you're getting an unknown device error before installing the driver, I think you should still be able to install the driver. But since it's Windows 8, you might need to follow an install procedure specific to Windows 8. The zipped folder contains an Installation Guide document, but there don't seem to be any instructions which are for different versions of Windows (7, 8, 8.1, or 10), so presumably the given instructions apply to all 4.

One thing I see in the Release Notes for the driver is that the CPU should be 1.4 GHz or faster, and should also be an "Intel Core/Pentium/Celeron processor." Do you know what the CPU on your computer is?

Note that since you've got a Windows 8 computer, it might be possible to use an older version of the driver, as long as it's compatible with 64-bit Windows 8. I don't know if using an older version would help, but it might help if the older version has different hardware requirements that match your computer and CPU.

Ask a Question