Problem with a style on DGX-660

Reaction score
I have a short video (2 min 26 seconds) showing the strange thing I am experiencing.

I think the video will demonstrate the issue. Hoping someone can point me to some stupid mistake I am making.

Reaction score
Well, I am still flummoxed, but for a different happening.

I was talking with my wife later, and we went to the keyboard, and I did the same example as the video above. And, it played the same style correctly.

The one difference between the two exercises is...the keyboard was off for an extended time, maybe an hour, whereas when I was having the problem the keyboard was turned off for a short time, maybe 2-3 seconds.

o_O

Reaction score
You have performed the obvious with a system reset and still have the issue.

Next step would be to check on what version OS you have and what is available.

If there is an update it would probably be worthwhile installing it and trying the process again.

If you still have no joy then contact the Music Store where you bought the DGX from.

Contacting Yamaha support being the final option but the lack of support they offer is legendary so if you do this set expectations at a low level.

Reaction score
Thanks @Biggles. I'm not sure you saw my second post, where it seems to have cleared up

It's definitely strange. A bit funny, my wife was saying I forgot to do something or did something wrong, which I thought maybe that certainly was the case. I went in to show her exactly what I was doing, and it worked correctly! :)

I'm not sure what to think about it. I guess I'll keep moving on until it happens again. I bought it at B&H so I'm not sure if they have somebody that would be able to be much help.

Thanks again

Reaction score
I would give B&H a call to see if others have reported similar occurences.

My local Music Store sell mainly Yamaha and Korg keyboards and the Sales staff are very good with their product knowledge and of feedback they get from customers.

Ask a Question