problem with YPG-525 Portable Grand

Reaction score
I have a YPG-525 Portable Grand. I've had it for several years with few problems. Now, all of a sudden, if I play middle C simultaneously with Bb and Ab below it, the B will also sound. Any suggestions?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Aside from the possibility of maybe a good whack across the backside may fix it, I'd suggest taking it to a service tech. Something may have slipped under the keyboard and is bridging the keys.

First off though, maybe try picking it up, turning it upside down and giving it a good shake and listening for loose parts inside should be the first thing you do.

It may just need a good cleaning. Shaking the crud to a new position may be enough to fix the problem or else spend the money and have a tech open it up and do a proper cleaning.

Unless you're a DIY guy. Then you may want to tackle opening it up and cleaning it yourself.

In that case, do a youtube search on "Yamaha Keyboard Repair" and you'll get some videos to coach you on how to open up the case and disassemble the keyboard.

That would be my approach anyway...

Gary

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm glad it was a simple fix for you, but if there's something rattling around inside the keyboard it might still be a good idea to open it up and see what it is.

Regardless of whether it's an old french fry or a bit of plastic that broke off somewhere, it's still not a good thing to leave rattling around in there and it would be a good idea to find out exactly what it is.

Gary

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Ah OK then. As long as there weren't any broken pieces inside then all's good.

Glad to hear it worked for ya :)

Gary

Ask a Question