Problems with Yamaha Musicsoft downloadables

Reaction score
Hi, I have an DGX-660 and a login on Yamaha Musicsoft shop for midi files etc.
I want to download "You are the artist", scores, lyrics in midi files that is so much advertised last years, but it doest work.
I can't reach "You are the artist" anywhere in the shop although I have seen Yamaha musician Gabriel Aldort making big PR for this.
Anyone that have the same problems like me?

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2021-02-03 kl. 12.43.06.png
    Skärmavbild 2021-02-03 kl. 12.43.06.png
    423.9 KB · Views: 73

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I can't seem to find anything that specifically says "You Are the Artist," either. Yamaha completely reworked the MusicSoft site a year or two ago, and it might be that "You Are the Artist" is now called something different. For instance, if I search for "You Are the Artist" it comes up with hundreds of results for "PianoSoft" songs.

Reaction score
Yes, SeaGtGruff, same here. I've mailed Yamaha support in US for some answers

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got an answer from Yamaha:

"Hi Anders,

Thank you for contacting Yamaha.

Unfortunately the You Are The Artist series is not currently available for purchase. There were some licensing restrictions that prevented us from being able to sell this content.

Our team is working on this and we hope to have You Are The Artist songs available soon. However, we are uncertain if they will be available for purchase in your region. Previously the songs were limited to North America only.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Thomas
"

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Darn. It seems like "licensing" gets in the way of just about everything these days. One of my favorite shows from years ago was "Quantum Leap," and there was an important episode where they played "Georgia On My Mind." But when the show came out on DVD they had to change that scene by inserting some other song instead, because they couldn't get the licensing to have "Georgia On My Mind" included on a DVD. :(

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Sorry, no; I don't buy MIDI song files, so I don't know which sites have the best ones.

However, some of the sites that I know about are Yamaha MusicSoft (which does still have MIDI song files for sale, just apparently not in the "You Are the Artist" category), and Midi Spot. But I think most sites that sell printed music (both individual songs and song books) are also sellers of MIDI song files. So your best bet might be to just search the web for a particular song title that you're interested in, plus the words "midi file" or "sheet music"-- such as "yellow submarine midi file," or "all you need is love sheet music"-- and check through the results to see which sites look promising.

Ask a Question