Prodipe MIDI USB 1in/1out only works on Windows XP

Reaction score
Hi All, I have a Prodipe MIDI USB 1in/1out USB interface and I recently found out that it only works on XP. It has some sort of internal driver. I tried writing to Prodipe without any reply. Does anyone have any idea if a newer driver will work on W7 or 10? Thanks.

Reaction score
Thanks for the "blunt" answer! I was more like curious to know if there is an actual driver out there that could work. Here in Darkest Africa (South Africa) our currency is worth peanuts, so even cheap stuff (for you) is pricey, so I tend to try and find a use for stuff instead of chucking it out.

Reaction score
I don't know what variant do you have - but here they say there is no need of drivers!
When you connect your device to Windows 7-10 is there appear any new device in Device Manager?

Reaction score
Thinking about it, a novel concept for me.

It should not need a new driver under the latest Windows OS (forget Win 7 a driver will be needed for that) and that leaves the most likely problem is that a newer system install over an old OS is that it is then bogged down by the old resident driver for the Prodipe, locate it and move to external storage then run CCleaner to remove old and redundant system files.

Reboot with the Prodipe disconnected, shutdown then restart.

Then try connecting, where in theory Windows should see it and install the driver.

Reaction score
Thanks guys, it does appear in Device manager but does not work. I then thought some more about this (yes, that is the smoke on the horizon!) and thought to try it once more on my 1st USB socket on the top of the case. This has been dysfunctional for a long time so I opened the case and checked the pc board that the two USB sockets are mounted on. When I wiggled the plug in this suspect socket, it came on for a second so I had a good look at the solder connections and could see the socket pins moving. I re-soldered the pins after removing most of the old solder and the port now works...........and so does the Prodipe interface! It seems that this USB socket is different to the others. Oh btw, this is my Windows 7 desktop. At least now I can play with some MIDI stuff again.

Apologies for not doing my homework, and thanks very much for the help!

Reaction score
Hi All, I have a Prodipe MIDI USB 1in/1out USB interface and I recently found out that it only works on XP. It has some sort of internal driver. I tried writing to Prodipe without any reply. Does anyone have any idea if a newer driver will work on W7 or 10? Thanks.
Yes works with WIN10 without any additional driver. The only problem I had was that the OUT from my piano had to be connected to the IN on the MIDI USB 1in/1out (and IN (piano) to OUT (device), which could make sense, but in the beginning I thought different.

Ask a Question