Producer backround, joining a band.

Reaction score
Hi I use an Akai MPK25 with Protools and Ableton, and I used to take piano lessons when I was younger, but in terms of stage play I'm a novice. I'm mostly a DJ and solo musician, but my college friends want to get a small jam band together, play bars and that kind of thing, nothing huge, I mentioned I could do keyboard. Just wondering what kind of keyboard you would recommend with that backround and for what it would be used for.

Reaction score
In that range of price, you could buy just a midi controller. Sorry to disappoint.

The Y_man

Reaction score
Right, that is a tight budget ..... without knowing the specific needs, maybe consider a Yamaha PSRE-233, Casio CTK-2200, Yamaha NP-11?

Can always use these as controllers for virtual synths too. (Need to take you laptop to the gig)

Not sure what second hand gear you might be able to pick up - but might not be in great shape at that price....

The Y-man

Ask a Question