Programming smoother guitar sounds on the Ax Edge

Reaction score
Hi. It’s nice to join you.
not being a techie I’ve attempted to programme a smoother guitar sound on my Ax Edge but, in the words of our guitarist it’s still “a bit harsh”!!!
I do tend to agree. The lead patches are great if you’re playing heavy metal, thrash, grunge etc but for stuff like soft rock, ie Eagles, Clapton and so on they really are too harsh. I play through a Roland KC550 combo so it’s nothing to do with the quality of the amp.
Any advice on how to programme a smoother sound would be gratefully received.
cheers
Paul

Reaction score
Have you checked out all built-in guitar tones (and not just the programs)? Note that they're not all grouped together, so even if you checked out the tones, you could have missed some. e.g. the electric guitar sounds are tones 351-372 AND 632-671.

Reaction score
Hi mate. Thanks for your reply. I did listen to all 900+ sounds but I will look again at the patches you’ve highlighted. I did have a go at modifying one of the sounds which I renamed “less harsh guitar” but it’s still not enough to satisfy some guitarists (precious!!)
My current band were more excited by the Lord Organ patch which I’m using on our Cocaine cover version.
I’ll let you know how I get on.
Regards
Paul

Ask a Question