Propellerhead Reason vs. Acid

Reaction score
Does anyone here use REASON MIDI software?

I have been learning it since this spring. It is pretty fantastic. However, there are some things about the interface that are kind of clumsy & not intuitive. I think it is best for the really advanced synth user who knows how to program sounds. It contains about 7 virtual synths, each one has its own little interface & way of doing things.

I saw the post about Acid music studio and wondered how the 2 products compare. I am into Progressive Trance & ambient and I wonder if I would find it easier to work with Acid than Reason. Sometimes I feel as if Reason is so geeky that it cramps my style. For instance, Fades and Automation in Reason are pretty clumsy.

On the other hand, Reason has a mind-blowing library of sounds, I spend a large amt. of time just searching/surfing/being hypnotized with them all!! ( and never get any recording done.)

What do other folks think?

Reaction score
i believe reason would be better for what you are trying to do, and i think acid is quite harder to use/get used to using than reason is. i took a class on them in college and reason was hands down my favorate but thats just in my opinion.

Ask a Question