PSR-3000 USB to LAN/WLAN - which Adapter?

Reaction score
Hello folks,

a few days ago I bought a used PSR 3000 and I am absolutely amazed. Only problem I have is that I cannot find a working USB to LAN or USB to WLAN adapter so I can use the Internet Direct Connection. I know the list of supported adapters, which you can find on the yamaha website and also on the display of the keyboard, but the problem is that I cannot find even one dealer, where any of those very old adapters is available.

I tried two brandnew adapters, which also have been compatible to USB 1.0/1.1 but the keyboard says they are not supported and might not work - and yes ... it doesn't work.

The problem is definately the adapter - I work as IT Engineer and know how to set up a network, set IP and so on.

So can anybody help and tell me where I can buy a working adapter for the PSR 3000? Please tell me at least which one works for sure? Meanwhile I don't even care if it's a LAN or WLAN Adapter since the keyboard only uses WEP as far as I have seen and I usually use WPA-2 at home. But however, I would even switch to WEP if it worked then. But I would be also happy with a working USB to LAN solution.

I hope anybody of you Yahama-Owners can help me. Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Peter

Reaction score
Hi Peter,

You should be able to get a compatible adaptor for using Internet Direct Connection at your nearest Yamaha dealer/distributor. However without knowing where you're based, I couldn't speculate on where that might be I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Spherical

Reaction score
I live in Hamburg, Germany. I talked to one dealer today but he couldn't help unfortunately...

Reaction score
Hello folks,

a few days ago I bought a used PSR 3000 and I am absolutely amazed. Only problem I have is that I cannot find a working USB to LAN or USB to WLAN adapter so I can use the Internet Direct Connection. I know the list of supported adapters, which you can find on the yamaha website and also on the display of the keyboard, but the problem is that I cannot find even one dealer, where any of those very old adapters is available.

I tried two brandnew adapters, which also have been compatible to USB 1.0/1.1 but the keyboard says they are not supported and might not work - and yes ... it doesn't work.

The problem is definately the adapter - I work as IT Engineer and know how to set up a network, set IP and so on.

So can anybody help and tell me where I can buy a working adapter for the PSR 3000? Please tell me at least which one works for sure? Meanwhile I don't even care if it's a LAN or WLAN Adapter since the keyboard only uses WEP as far as I have seen and I usually use WPA-2 at home. But however, I would even switch to WEP if it worked then. But I would be also happy with a working USB to LAN solution.

I hope anybody of you Yahama-Owners can help me. Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Peter

Reaction score
I also have PSR 3000 found this some time ago hope it helps.
DocFile (1).jpg
DocFile (2).jpg

Ask a Question