psr 453 - recording split voice

Reaction score
Just saw in the psr e453 manual that performance with a split voice cannot be recorded. That is really a big disappointment considering all the nice arpeggios. Is there any way around this? I find it strange I can play all these lovely voices but only record main voice and style. Any suggestions are welcome.
Linda

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The limitation about not being able to record the Split Voice is only when using the built-in Song Recorder. As Gary said, you could always record to your computer-- which is generally the better way to do it, anyway, since a DAW or other MIDI recording software will have more powerful editing features, whereas there is essentially no editing capability when using the built-in Song Recorder-- if you make a mistake on one of the tracks, then you must record that entire track over from scratch. :eek:

But despite its limitations, the built-in Song Recorder can still be a very useful tool for quickly recording your musical ideas whenever inspiration strikes. And since you can record up to six tracks-- five melody tracks plus one accompaniment track-- and each track can be recorded separately, you can still record the left-hand part of your song; you just need to record it separately, using the Main Voice rather than the Split Voice.

Reaction score
Thanks, using my Zoom R8 now, works great!

What confuses me is that track one is labelled right and track two left. I assumed that track two would record what is played on the left side of the split point. Guess it’s just bad labelling.
Linda

Last edited:

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Yes, it's bad in that it's confusing. I think the "Right"/"Left" labels refer to the MIDI channels for the right-hand and left-hand parts of a song that you're using with the YES feature (Yamaha Education Suite); you can go into the Function menu and select which of the song's MIDI channels you want to associate with the right-hand and left-hand parts.

Ask a Question