psr-6300 ac adapter

Reaction score
hey guys! recently i found a psr-6300 at a thrift store for $70, only it didn't have a cord. but because it felt like such a solid and well put together keyboard, I had to have it, so I talked to a manager and got the price down to $6.49! Anyway, I've been looking everywhere on the internet looking for this adapter, also went to department stores, no luck. The only one I've found is on ebay but it's around $22. and I don't really want to pay that much. Is there any alternative to that power cord? Does anyone have one to spare, or seen one somewhere? I would gladly pay shipping costs and some extra! Thanks, guys!

Wes

Reaction score
What a great find!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Prong-AC-...ha-PSR-6300-PS-6100-KX88-or-DX5-/390508860220

Is that the right connector? If so, I believe you need an IEC 320-C9 to NEMA 1-15P power lead. That's pretty rare, I checked the usual electronics wholesalers and they don't carry them. They were used on Roland drum machines and stuff back in the day, you might check your local music store.

This place has them for $7 -- http://www.aiconsol.com/pwc-178-hosa.html -- but I have no experience dealing with them. Maybe you should look through the junk cables wall at the thrift shop. :)

No guarantee that I'm right about it being the IEC 320 C9, get our your calipers and measure, then google the spec, if you want to be absolutely certain. I'm 98% confident. Make SURE the keyboard says something like "Input: 110-120VAC" on the back.

Wes

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, Wes! I found an amazon seller that sells the roland cables for $10 yesterday and ordered one. I'm still waiting for my payment and shipping confirmation though, if it turns out that they never get back to me then I might order to store from guitar center, as they have them online for $16. On the chance the keyboard just doesn't work I can always return the cable and buy a box of tissues! Thanks again for the info, I'll check the flea markets and thrift shops again tomorrow.

Ask a Question