PSR 770 How To Seperate Touch Response For Style From R1 & R2

Reaction score
I would like to play say, a loud style backing with quiet R1 /R2. I have been into CONTROLLER and turned off STYLE in Touch Response however, it makes no difference. I play softly with right hand and the style volume fades proportionally. Can anyone help please? Marian

Reaction score
Hej Marian, try this:

One possibility is:
Press (page Balance) and reduce loudness of R1 and R2.

Another possibility is:
Press Function -- Style Setting and set Dynamic Controll on Wide or Medium.
An hard pressing accompaniment keys the style becomes louder or an low pressing vice versa.
This works only for the style not for R1 or R2.

Reaction score
Hej Marian, try this:

One possibility is:
Press (page Balance) and reduce loudness of R1 and R2.

Another possibility is:
Press Function -- Style Setting and set Dynamic Controll on Wide or Medium.
An hard pressing accompaniment keys the style becomes louder or an low pressing vice versa.
This works only for the style not for R1 or R2.
THANK YOU for taking the time to reply. I will try your 2nd recommendation. The first does not apply as I need to bring up the backing at different times during a public performance, while keeping the right soft in volume. I will reply tomorrow after I have tested your suggestion. Thanks very much, Goldi!

Reaction score
Thanks Goldie. I can achieve some measure of control by switching Dynamic Control OFF. This provides a separation between the volume of STYLE and R!/R2. Clearly it is not dynamic and remains at a fixed volume however, this is a step up from no control. I tried all the other options NARROW, MEDIUM and WIDE however they didn't work. Thank you again for trying to solve my problem Goldie.

Reaction score
I tried all the other options NARROW, MEDIUM and WIDE however they didn't work.

Hej Marian, I don't understand this. Perhaps you are doing something wrong?

Try this with the style alone; on the option MEDIUM or WIDE you will hear who the loudness of the style will change. First touch the cord weak then the loudness of the style should be quiet and when you then press a chord harder the style should sound louder depending how hard you press. Then when you press weaker the sound should go to quiet depending how weak you press,

Otherwise I recommend th ask in this special forum:

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php

Reaction score
I tried all the other options NARROW, MEDIUM and WIDE however they didn't work.

Hej Marian, I don't understand this. Perhaps you are doing something wrong?

Try this with the style alone; on the option MEDIUM or WIDE you will hear who the loudness of the style will change. First touch the cord weak then the loudness of the style should be quiet and when you then press a chord harder the style should sound louder depending how hard you press. Then when you press weaker the sound should go to quiet depending how weak you press,

Otherwise I recommend th ask in this special forum:

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php
Thanks again Goldi for persevering with my problem. Yes, when I touch softly or firmly with Medium or Narrow on, the volume does respond. However, the issue is that when I play hard/loud on right hand keys this CHANGES the style volume accordingly. So as soon as I play softly/lightly with my right hand the style volume drops in the same proportion. I want a separate response from style and right hand. So play firmly with left = loud and simultaneously play lightly and softly against this loud style with my right hand. Perhaps there are other settings on my keyboard which are incorrect. Thanks, I will try the PSR tutorial link. Thank you again for taking the time, Goldi.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Are you splitting the keyboard and playing the style in the accompaniment section, or are you using the "full keyboard" method (I think that's the correct term?) where you can play using the entire width of the keyboard and the style will automatically detect which key and chord type to play the accompaniment with? I don't have a PSR-S770, or any other model that can do the "full keyboard" method of controlling the style, so I can't really offer any intelligent suggestions. But if you are using "full keyboard," mention it to the gurus at PSR Tutorial in case it makes a difference to your problem.

Reaction score
Hej Marian, you are right; I have the same problem but never noticed it till now.

I am perplexed.

Last edited:

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
A number of suggestions have been posted to PSR Tutorial. Since I don't have a PSR-S model, I can't try any of them myself. But the one that sounds the most promising is to use the "Live Control" knobs-- at least, I think that's what was being suggested. Apparently one of the functions that can be assigned to them is as a balance control between the style parts and the keyboard parts.

Reaction score
Are you splitting the keyboard and playing the style in the accompaniment section, or are you using the "full keyboard" method (I think that's the correct term?) where you can play using the entire width of the keyboard and the style will automatically detect which key and chord type to play the accompaniment with? I don't have a PSR-S770, or any other model that can do the "full keyboard" method of controlling the style, so I can't really offer any intelligent suggestions. But if you are using "full keyboard," mention it to the gurus at PSR Tutorial in case it makes a difference to your problem.
Thanks for taking the time to offer ideas. Yes keyboard split. Play single note to activate style. Trying to work out how to use touch response SEPERATELY in LEFT/SYTYLE and different touch response with right hand. Thank you, Marian

Reaction score
A number of suggestions have been posted to PSR Tutorial. Since I don't have a PSR-S model, I can't try any of them myself. But the one that sounds the most promising is to use the "Live Control" knobs-- at least, I think that's what was being suggested. Apparently one of the functions that can be assigned to them is as a balance control between the style parts and the keyboard parts.
Many thanks and I will check out the PSR tutorial. Marian

Ask a Question