PSR E423 GETTING STUCH ON POWER ON .

Reaction score
When I power on the keyboard , it gets stuck at the boot msg *YAMAHA* On the screen.
After about 10 to20 times powered on , once it fully noots.. gets functional ..
I checked all the voltages 1.8 , 3.3 & 5 volts on the motherboard.. all are perfect..
What could be the issue..pls suggest.. I am having experience of repairing PC motherboards and having all necessary equipment’s.. and also schematics of PSR E423 keyboard..
Can you guide me to repair the motherboard?

Reaction score
Search these forums for the many similar threads where many suggestions have been made.

It is a fairly regular topic that is posted.

Reaction score
Please send a link of downloader of PSR E423 FIRMWARE ( OPERATINF SYSTEM ) and the flash file for the same .

Reaction score
I already searched on net,official Yamaha sites , but could not get any information about Loading firmware or updating is etc. of PSR E423 .
I have decided to fix this issue , it’s not that complicated compared to hardware problems. I used jtag or similar interfaces to flash firmware and solved such software issues. But it’s surprising that no info about E423 flashing is available anywhere .

Reaction score
I don’t think so as models older than that like PSR 2100 launched in 2003 , the downloader is given by Yamaha ..

Reaction score
You cannot compare the E423 with the 2100 which was the pre-cursor to the Tyros range which were in a vastly elevated market segment.

Reaction score
So only solution is to replace the flash ROM ( IC 204 ) with working FLASH ROM from motherboard having other problems , apart from the flash rom.

Reaction score
There is a JTAG interface available on motherboard, so using that we can surely read write the flash , if we have the flash file of PSR E423 or may be any motherboard where the flash is corrupted and the device is dead.
Yamaha may not be interested in the keyboard sold 10 years back , but as a user nobody would like to scrap the keyboard for such a small problem , when you have the JTAG port. Now i need a flash file if someone has it to experiment on the motherboard.

Reaction score
Also changed SMD capacitors (all) , before changing the RAM .. it did not help .. but after replacing Ram .. it worked ..

Ask a Question