PSR E453 Interfacing issues

Reaction score
Hi,

Some time ago I purchased a PSR E453 and recently started using a variety of Software to record music from my keyboard to my PC via a Type AB USB 2.0 cable.

The issue I am having relates to recording volume, or more precise the amplitude of the wave form created during input from the keyboard. Selecting mic input and speaking into the mic results in both a normal db deflection and wave amplitude. However, as soon as I switch to the keyboard as input device db reading and wave amplitude are very low.

Sound is recorded and can be played back.

I wonder if any of you have experienced similar issues with the PSR E453.

Configuration:

Operating System: Win 10 64bit professional
Driver: Steinberg from Cubase
Instrument: Yamaha PSR E453
Software: Audacity (several others tested)
Interface cable: 1m USB 2.0 Type AB
Audio Host: MME
Recording device: Line(Digital Keyboard)

Best Regards,
Rafferty

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
You can use the PSR-E453's MASTER VOLUME dial to adjust the amplitude of its USB audio output.

You might want to experiment with the "MasterEQ" function to see which setting gives the best result.

You should also make sure the "LoopBack" function is turned off.

Other than that, I think it's normal for different audio inputs to potentially have different signal amplitudes.

Reaction score
Hello SeaGtGruff,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated. After spending days searching for an answer regarding the issue of low recording volume and wave amplitude displayed. I am able to report that the issue is now resolved thanks to the latest automatic Windows 10 update.

Wave amplitude during recording from the keyboard is now well defined. Other software such as FL is now recognised by my PC whilst pre-update Win 10 did not recognise any other software with the exception of Audacity.

Again many thanks for your assistance.

Kind Regards,
Rafferty

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
It sounds like something somewhere must have been amiss in the operating system as far as drivers, settings in the registry, or who knows what. Whatever the problem was, it's great that the automatic update resolved it! Sometimes simply rebooting can do wonders, since these days we tend to leave our computers running 24/7 and their memories can get cluttered with processes running in the background.

Ask a Question