PSR I 500 alternatives??

Reaction score
I'm looking to play Indian tones and drums, and Yamaha PSR i500 is an option. This however is discontinued and difficult to get. I know there's a Roland alternative, however, these are not freely available in the UK.

My question is: surely, there must be some digital alternative and have the necessary plugins (forgive me, I'm green!!) or otherwise import these Indian tones to my DAW or my keyboard?

Reaction score
There are what they term Oriental versions freely available in the UK of Korg’s Pa arrangers.

Korg also have their Bonusware website where there are 40+ free Style packs available covering all genres.

I believe that Yamaha have region specific SX arrangers that have pre installed Style packs, they are also freely available on their website and probably can be loaded onto a UK sourced SX via Yamaha’s Expansion Manager. Visit the Yamaha webpage for the SX700 or 900 for more information and click on the tab labelled Voice and Style Expansion.

I would suggest contacting a company like A&C Hamilton or Bonners or Andersons to see if they can advise further.

Ask a Question