Psr s550b...

Reaction score
Heyers,

Someone pl help me out with these questions...

I bought myself a Yamaha PSR S550B with the hope that I could use it to help me compose music.

I use CAKEWALK HOME STUDIO 2004.

My questions :-
a. Will I be able to get the voices in my workstation recorded "as it is" to my lappy? Once I record the songs in CAKEWALK, it gets converted to the MIDI equivalent instrument which does not sound as good as my workstation voices.

b. I saw the thread on style creation. But will I be able to create new "VOICES" with some kind of programming? Is it possible for me to store such custom voices in my lappy and use it to and fro my workstation.

c. Can someone give me a list of hardware required for a home/beginner studio and why we need them? I saw the gear signatures of many and googled them. Not able to comprehend all that info and hence the request.

Thanks in advance.

Neomax

Reaction score
updates....

here are some updates...

a. I guess a sound card / mixer would help. My motherboard has a mic-in for which we can select the function... It will either work as a mic or as line-in... Whenever I plug in a male plug, i get an option to either select mic-in or line-in... But since I would want to use both of them together, I think I will need a mixer / sound card....

b. Got the answer... a prog like FL studio would help...

c. Still researching.... :)

Ask a Question