Psr s770 Accompaniment

Reaction score
Do not how I did this but just concerned. On trying to use styles I could only play the style when pressing the first C , when pressing any other key on the left in the range of the split, there was only the piano sound.
Did as stated press ACMP Then SYNC start. I over came the problem by going back to factory setting which then worked. Is there then some form of setting or did I press a key to cause the problem. Must state I have only just got this and trying to learn how to use the settings.

John

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
It sounds like you must have changed the Split Point without realizing it. On the PSR-S770 there are two Split Points that you can set; see page 58 of the Owner's Manual. On my PSR-E models there's a shortcut for calling up the Split Point function, which is to press the ACMP ON/OFF button and keep it held down for a moment. I don't know if there's a similar shortcut on the PSR-S770, but once you have the Split Point function called up you can set the Split Point by pressing a key, so it's possible that that's what happened. If it happens again, try calling up the Split Point settings to see what they're set to, and if necessary just change them back.

Reaction score
Are you playing a single note or a three fingered chord?welcome to the forum.

Out of interest can I ask why you bought the770?

Reaction score
I have a Yamaha psr s770 when I use the accompaniment the sound drowns out the right hand sound. I have to turn the style sound right down and use the main sound control to hear the right hand side. When using the dual/layer with right1 and right2 on the strings drown out the piano so when using the main sound controller all it does lower both piano and the strings.

Seems a fault.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Sounds to me a fault.

The default setting would have both left and right volumes equalised one would assume. Tweaking the knobs for minor adjustment left or right, up or down shoul be optional for ones personal preferences. But the original setting should suffice. With my PSR S650 I do not need to make any changes from the default setting. The mix is spot on to my ears. So good it is that I am reluctant to even upgrade. I was considering to buy a 770 or a 670. . Maybe not!

How old is your PSR S770? Is it new under warranty? Have you had it for awhile and only just started playing up?

Ray

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Have you gone into the Mixing Console to see what the volume settings are? See page 95 of the Owner's Manual.

It sounds like the volume on the piano voice you're using may be set too low, so you might also want to turn it up for when you're selecting that voice in the future. See page 15 of the Reference Manual.

Reaction score
Thanks bought from eBay, however, the problem is due to the Dual system, the 770 has right1 and right2 and because the strings override the piano I have to use the Balance control and set the volumes as to what I require. Help directly from Yamaha, the settings are then saved in the register.
Upgraded from the Psr e363 which of course is easier to use but lacks ways to alter the styles.

I would like just a course on using the functions etc for this 770.
John
Ps thanks for the all help

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
John, there's a site called PSR Tutorial that has lessons on how to use the features of Yamaha arrangers:

http://www.psrtutorial.com/lessons/index.html

They also have a lot of style files, registration settings, etc. that you can download.

I have PSR-E models myself, and I agree that they're easier to use than the PSR-S models, because they don't have as many buttons and functions as the PSR-S models, and the features which are common to both lines are simplified on the PSR-E models. Of course, this also means that the PSR-S models are more powerful all the way around than the PSR-E models.

Reaction score
Thanks SeaGtGruff,yes I agree the 363 does not have so much easier to use, but I am finding the 770 more fun but more frustrating at times, anyway it sounds so much better. I don't think I will use its full potential, as I am not with any band etc, My mane aim is to use to play hymns and for this I need more styles in that area but some of the other styles are great but it's taken the time to find them as there is no member system as in the 363. Thanks for the link.
John

Reaction score
BTS Graham, with the Korg PA 700 and 1000 it is your choice, balance by default but you can set it to accompanying volume in the Global menu system.

There is a function in the PAs where you press and hold Shift then press a button like one of the three programmable ones and a popup menu appears where you can select what you want the button feature to be. It can be handy to set button 3 to chord pattern record and then the Chord pattern labelled button becomes Play

Ask a Question