psr sx 900 expansion packs styles

Reaction score
Learning how to add styles....I found this...Page 135 of the reference manual states...."Restoring the Pre-installed Expansion Contents When you have installed an Expansion Pack which you purchased or created to the instrument, the Pre-installed Expansion contents are overwritten and lost."
What are the preinstalled expasion packs.
I do not own the sx900 yet.
Thanks all

Reaction score
See this page

I cannot be specific for Yamaha (I would not buy the any SX model as I much prefer Korg) and with Korg systems installed content such as User Data / Registrations etc that can be overwritten.

Hence with a Korg Pa it is usuable to create a full Backup file and a Save All file where the Save All file contains the User Data then when the OS is updated the Save All file is loaded and all User Data restored.

Check with the Manual and actual SX900 owners what they have to say is the correct process to run on an SX before any changes are made.

There is a specific Yamaha PSR forum as their is a Korg specific forum and you may wish to check and compare both manufacturers models

Reaction score
Korg Pa1000, the price in the USA is the same as the Yamaha SX900.

If you compare them you will probably find Pros and Cons of each keyboard.

If you have not already done so there are quite a few videos on the Yamaha website regarding the SX900

Reaction score
Thanks. i think yamaha wins- it was issued later and has better keys.
i would wish to end this discussion of alternatives.
Still need an answer to the original question

Ask a Question