PSR-SX700

Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me how to make a style file from a midi song? Is it possible to do this?
I want t play along to a midi file and use the registration buttons to change the main voice.

Reaction score
You bought the wrong arranger.

A Korg Pa700 has the ability to import a MIDI file and then to convert it to a Style where you can assign whatever sounds you want to it and save it to user bank for future use.

As far as I know an SX just has the ability to play a MIDI file and to only turn on/off each element of the included tracks. You may be able to edit the tracks and to use this on/off feature but I am unsure if you can do it on the fly. The Reference Manual is the one that will have the detail, the Owners Manual is more basic.

Good luck

Reaction score
You bought the wrong arranger.

A Korg Pa700 has the ability to import a MIDI file and then to convert it to a Style where you can assign whatever sounds you want to it and save it to user bank for future use.

As far as I know an SX just has the ability to play a MIDI file and to only turn on/off each element of the included tracks. You may be able to edit the tracks and to use this on/off feature but I am unsure if you can do it on the fly. The Reference Manual is the one that will have the detail, the Owners Manual is more basic.

Good luck

Thank you for your answer.
I thought you might say that!

I have one particular song that I want to find a style file for, it’s “Help Yourself” by Tom Jones. Any idea where I could find such an animal.

Reaction score
As new user on Yamaha sx700(came from Technics kn7000) I need some help:
1. Can I play midi files from internal memory? (Copy and safe aprox. 500 files from USB stick) and made playlist?
2. Is there any app for Mac computers to be usefull with sx700?

Thanks!

Reaction score
My prior response answers your first question.

Apps on a Mac, Garage Band, Logic Pro X, Mainstage. The one you will need at some point is Expansion Manager which is used to transfer styles, sounds etc from Max to SX.

Apps on an iPad, hundreds of them.

Reaction score
Thanks! Will try Exp. Manager. This is my first Yamaha arranger and I am lost. Technics kn7000 is my first love.

Ask a Question