purchased a yamaha ypt-230 cheap. beginner

Reaction score
I purchased a brand new yamaha ypt-230 from someone brand new for 37.00. It sounds amazing and is only a 61 key. Im a huge fan if sound tracks such as lord of the rings and more. I could not pass this keyboard up for the price and i am a beginner ive never played.

So far im starting small with learning the keys and some kids songs to get a feel. Im saving to buy an 88 key but till then i got alot of learning to do. If i decides to stick with this keyboard for awhile could it play soundtrack music such as lord of the rings stuff or similar?

Whats your take on this keyboard? I feel for 37.00 it was a great purchase it does sound fantastic to me and feels solid

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
All that matters is how the instrument sounds to you. It has all the same notes as a $2000 Korg Kronos 61. How realistic the sounds and how pure the samples are will vary according to personal taste.

To start with though, you will find a few juicy strings and pads and orchestral voices in there to be sure that would fit nicely in a soundtrack. Only with time and effort will you eventually outgrow this instrument and start looking for something better sounding and different.

BTW, $37 is a very weird number. Did you pick it up at a garage sale or something?

Anyway, for the time being explore its features, download the manual from Yamaha and get to know your instrument before you start browsing around for something better.

YMMV, Happy New Year,

Gary

Reaction score
My friend wanted 40.00 and all i had in my pocket was 37.00 so he took that. Im going to learn first before i buy anything new but in the meantime im going to save

Ask a Question