Pure sound keyboard

Reaction score
Hello there,

I am new here so hello to everybody and warm welcome to you all!
I am looking for a keyboard which would have a sound closest to a grand piano sound. So far I was playing on the german piano from WWII times and it has a marvelous sound, but now I am looking for something portable and the most important feature is the sound quality. The other major thing is the midi outlet so that I could connect it with my PC to record the music and edit it (I am starting to compose in chillout/pop/smooth jazz style). So, the hammer action would be the most important advantage feature, but what about sound quality? Which keyboard would be the most similar to a great piano (like Steinway for instance). What do you think of Yamaha DGX-620 or M-Audio Pro Keys 88?
I don't care about one million sounds data bank or two billions samples built in. I just want the most natural sound of a great piano, built-in midi outlet and portableness. That's it. Thank you very much for your responces in advance.
Kind regards
Przemo(c)

Reaction score
what you want is a stage piano either from yamaha or roland.

Roland has a great keyboard called RD-700SX. Full weighted keys,
great sounds... But since it's expensive (that's why it has a LOT
of features) maybe you'd be better off with some yamaha stage piano
with piano/strings sounds built in.

I know there are some great yamaha stage pianos at a very affordable price.

try this or this

The DGX series are some sort of hybrid between a stage piano and a arranger
so keep away from that :D

Reaction score
Thank you for your answer. Now I need to go through the specs to see which of these two woukd be the best for me. These pianos are EXACTLY what I was looking for. Quite affordable price (let's say...), minimalism and wonderful sound; at least for the first sight from yamaha's site description.

Ask a Question