Question About the DGX 670

Reaction score
I use a lot of vsts and was curious if the mic input volume was independent from the piano volume or if there’s anyway i could play sound through the mic input and mute or turn off the sound of the onboard voices the whole thought was that i could use the line out from my pc and play the vsts through the onboard speakers but i still need the midi input from the piano and if i can’t mute the piano sound then i’ll be stuck listening to both the vst and the onboard piano sound at the same time

TLDR: is there any way to use the speakers for the mic line input and have no sound from the voices when your playing the keys

any help would be very much appreciated!!

Reaction score
No.

The mike input has a very low sensitivity and feeding anything other than a mike into the input runs the risk of serious damage to the components.

Far better to feed all the inputs into a small mixer and then feed the mixer outputs into your DGX’s line input Sockets.

Reaction score
No.

The mike input has a very low sensitivity and feeding anything other than a mike into the input runs the risk of serious damage to the components.

Far better to feed all the inputs into a small mixer and then feed the mixer outputs into your DGX’s line input Sockets.
Hmm okay i’m not super familiar with much of the technical side of digital pianos or audio engineering Is it a matter of the output from the pc being to loud for the speaker for instance if i used the mixer and fixed that problem would i be able to switch off mute or disable sound from voices when keys are played or is that part still out of the question

-Thank you for your initial response!!

Reaction score
Your VST’s should play on your DGX via the USB MIDI connection and should be triggered by your DGX keybed whenever you depress a key.

Can you confirm if this is the case?

Reaction score
Your VST’s should play on your DGX via the USB MIDI connection and should be triggered by your DGX keybed whenever you depress a key.

Can you confirm if this is the case?

well the midi input works with out any issue but the end goal is to only use the dgx for the midi input while using the external speakers with only the sound from the vst and not the sound from the dgx if that makes sense i know i could buy studio monitors but it be cool to kill two birds with one stone

Reaction score
Ok so i did some digging i’ve just heard something about Usb type B having audio support in which case (**keep in mind i have no clue what i’m taking about**) do you mean if i plug the midi/usb cable in it has native support for audio from my pc to the dgx?

i probably haven’t been very clear on this topic but it’s a bit out of my depth as i’ve always used headphones while playing and never tried this or and don’t know if it’s possible

-Thank you

Ask a Question