Question on keyboard demonstration songs please

Reaction score
Hi I am looking to purchase a keyboard for my daughter to learn on its one where the keys light up to help you.My question is it says in the description 50 demonstration songs can you play these by following the red light or are they just to listen to. Thanks Dave.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Depends upon the age of your daughter and her willingness to learn.

Usually the demo songs include the lights showing, its the whole idea of helping the user in learning play where the user simply depresses the lighted key to make the tone sound. It is not really learning to play it is more like a game by learning the pattern of notes to play, and hopefully it helps to generate a willingness to continue.

There are many learning Apps available that can also be used and these provide a similar function, check out Playground Sessions, Flowkey, Skoove, Chordana and Synthesia.

As for which keyboard, if she really wants to learn and is willing to put in the time day in and day out then a lighted keyboard may not be the ideal solution as they are limited in the number that are produced whereas a standard beginner keyboard has many, many choices available from $50 to $1000 US.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Depends upon the age of your daughter and her willingness to learn.

Usually the demo songs include the lights showing, its the whole idea of helping the user in learning play where the user simply depresses the lighted key to make the tone sound. It is not really learning to play it is more like a game by learning the pattern of notes to play, and hopefully it helps to generate a willingness to continue.

There are many learning Apps available that can also be used and these provide a similar function, check out Playground Sessions, Flowkey, Skoove, Chordana and Synthesia.

As for which keyboard, if she really wants to learn and is willing to put in the time day in and day out then a lighted keyboard may not be the ideal solution as they are limited in the number that are produced whereas a standard beginner keyboard has many, many choices available from $50 to $1000 US.
Thank you for that Biggles great advice there. I just thought get this as a starter see how she goes and get her a better one if she continues with it. Thanks for sending me the apps which I will be checking out. Best regards Dave.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hello, I am a newbie here. Due to the abundance of information that is available on this site, I am very pleased. Hi, I'm interested in buying a gaming keyboard. Could you tell me which keyboard is suitable for me? Also tell me about online animefiller games for PC?

You need one of these....

nautilus-88-hd-173873.jpg

Gary ;)

Ask a Question