Question regarding getting a new keyboard

Reaction score
After further research, I think I might have found out who the different arrangers serve. After listening to the voicing of the Korg PA4X and Yamaha Genos. It seems that the Korg in general sounds dry (without EQ) whereas the Genos sounds come out the box with more of a wider/richer sound and EQ'ed.

The PA4X is geared towards gigging professional use, with the home keyboardist in mind. The Genos is firstly aimed at the home keyboardist but also has plenty of capability to use professionally, so essentially the other way around from the Korg.

If you are going to play the Korg on stage with a band then it makes more sense to keep the sounds a little stripped back and dry so it's easier to "cut through" when playing live on stage.

I have listened closely to the strings of the Korg and Genos. I prefer the Genos and that also goes for the Guitars and vocal sounds and sax. I already have a Korg Nautilus so benefit from the organ and electric piano (which I think is better on the Korg)

Having a Korg AND Yamaha (For me) seems the best way to go and gives me the best of both worlds.

Ask a Question