Questions on the yamaha 670

Reaction score
I would like to ask any knowledgeable guys out there a couple of questions on the new 670, does it have a sampling function, to input new sounds via a mic, the casio 7600 appears to have this, also the 670 seems only to have a single pair of 12.5 cm speakers, would these be enough to handle the 15 watt output without distortion the casio 7600 has three pairs for only 7 watts, I am trying to decide which model to upgrade to , Casio or Yamaha any help most welcome.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
First off, I dunno about the Yamaha but the Casio 7600 does NOT have sampling or vocoder capability. What it has is an audio input that allows you to play backing music using the keyboard's speakers and effects.

I suspect it's the same sort of deal for the PSR. I believe the 900 allows for sampling capability but I'm not sure.

Either way, sampling is usually a higher end feature that you'll only find on expensive workstations or on cheaper boards like the XW-G1 which are more or less dedicated to sampling and skimp on other features.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
First off, I dunno about the Yamaha but the Casio 7600 does NOT have sampling or vocoder capability. What it has is an audio input that allows you to play backing music using the keyboard's speakers and effects.

I suspect it's the same sort of deal for the PSR. I believe the 900 allows for sampling capability but I'm not sure.

Either way, sampling is usually a higher end feature that you'll only find on expensive workstations or on cheaper boards like the XW-G1 which are more or less dedicated to sampling and skimp on other features.

Gary ;)
Thanks for the reply, I think im swayed toward the Yamaha.

Ask a Question