Questions with settings on new Medeli AKX-10

Reaction score
I recently purchased an AKX-10 to try it out and I am enjoying it. I have run in to a few issues with the settings that i am hoping others with the same keyboard might be able to provide insight. New board running 1.3.7.

When I power up the keyboard, the styles are VERY loud compared to the R1/R2/R3 voices. I have to quickly find the mixer setting to turn down the styles volume. Is there a way that the styles volume can be set lower each time I power the keyboard on? I usually play the R1/R2/R3 sounds for a bit before starting a style playback and it can be a huge volume spike when pushing the start/stop button.

My three assignable knobs will not retain settings if I change them and power off the keyboard. The instruction manual (p.146 quick tips) indicates it will retain the settings in custom group 4 knobs. I am trying to set the three knobs for (1) microphone volume, (2) Style Volume, (3) R1/R2/R3 volume for the three knobs in knob group 4. I set everything up and it works well as a mini mixer during live performance, but always returns to the factory settings if I power down the keyboard and restart it.

I am designing some songs for the keyboard and was trying to record each of the 16 channels separately in Ableton, including the styles parts (drums, percussion, chords) via USB MIDI at once. Then I can mix the song parts in Ableton with effects and store the finished song on the USB for the keyboard. I cannot seem to get the styles parts on channels 9-16 to out put via MIDI USB to Ableton. They R1/R2/R3 parts are recordable over midi USB.

Any insights or at least confirmation that this is normal behavior would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I already updated to firmware 1.3.6 and experiencing similar problem that you described above. I was unable to save Date & Time as it will reset each time. Help share how to fix this problem. Thx

Reaction score
I already updated to firmware 1.3.6 and experiencing similar problem that you described above. I was unable to save Date & Time as it will reset each time. Help share how to fix this problem. Thx

Jason,
I had the settings problem when I first bought the AKX10. I ended up returning the keyboard for a new one. The second one did not have the problem. I believe it is a hardware issue, perhaps a battery that retains settings information.

Reaction score
Jason,
I had the settings problem when I first bought the AKX10. I ended up returning the keyboard for a new one. The second one did not have the problem. I believe it is a hardware issue, perhaps a battery that retains settings information.
Thanks for your advised. My keyboard already 1yr old I thought it was firmware issue hence I can't return it now.. out of warranty ;(

Ask a Question