Quick Access Bank on PC4

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to remove an object from the Quick Access Bank? In other words to remove select objects while keeping the remaining objects in place.

Reaction score
I have a pc3, not sure it functions identically to the PC4 but on the PC3 it is through the storage mode functionality. In this mode you should be able to select the quick access bank objects and delete the quick acess bank objects you no longer want.

Reaction score
I can delete the entire Bank of objects but not sure if its possible. The manual says nothing about individual objects in a bank that I can find

Reaction score
Ok, I misread your requirement. You want to remove an individual program/multi that exists in the bank, not the entire bank itself. I don't think that this is possible. You can overwrite or add objects to a QA bank but I don't think that you can remove an object once it is in the bank. You would have to create a new bank with only the objects that you want in the bank then delete the entire old bank. Then you can move the new bank to the same position as the old bank, meaning if the old bank was 1033, you can recreate a new bank as 1034, delete 1033 then rename 1034 to 1033. Offer it up as a suggestion for an operating system update; it shouldn't be too difficult to have this functionality added. Also, I never have used an editor (SoundTower was awful and corrupted the data), but perhaps this is possible through one of the new editors that Kurz has released.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's a potential hack around your issue. If the program/multi object that you want to get rid of is a "user object", i.e. you created it in the user area, you could copy the object then delete the original object. I think QA retains object ID#, so if it no longer exists it might disappear in QA or come up as object not found in QA. Example, if you have program # 1033 in a QA bank and want to remove it create program 1034 from 1033, then delete 1033. QA will only remember the Object # in its placeholder. if it no longer exists it might either disappear or be relabeled in QA as object not found (or something similar). The only downside to this is that if that program were also included in a multi you will have to add 1034 to the multi everywhere that included 1033; also any other QA banks that might have 1033 will also have the object not found issue. Depending on how deep you are into setup of the PC4 this may or may not be a big deal.

Reaction score
Ok, I misread your requirement. You want to remove an individual program/multi that exists in the bank, not the entire bank itself. I don't think that this is possible. You can overwrite or add objects to a QA bank but I don't think that you can remove an object once it is in the bank. You would have to create a new bank with only the objects that you want in the bank then delete the entire old bank. Then you can move the new bank to the same position as the old bank, meaning if the old bank was 1033, you can recreate a new bank as 1034, delete 1033 then rename 1034 to 1033. Offer it up as a suggestion for an operating system update; it shouldn't be too difficult to have this functionality added. Also, I never have used an editor (SoundTower was awful and corrupted the data), but perhaps this is possible through one of the new editors that Kurz has released.
What you have mentioned is plausible/doable as deleting individual objects is not possible. The screen shot is the Global Objects QA Banks Edit screen. As you can see I've loaded 5 of 10 possible quick access objects/programs for Bank 16. The soft button option SELECT only selects the bank 16 then you can MOVE or DELETE it using the soft buttons and off the screen, you can't see it in the picture, is a SAVE button. I would have thought you could chose any objects/programs and delete it. But think for a moment, why would someone have to go deep into an edit screen for deleting an object/program anyway? Why shouldn't you be able to change at the top level screen which is the Quick Access Screen. But like you said, all you have to do is overwrite an object with another object.

Attachments

• Global Objects QA Bank Edit view.jpg
    Global Objects QA Bank Edit view.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Quick Access Bank view.jpg
    Quick Access Bank view.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's a potential hack around your issue. If the program/multi object that you want to get rid of is a "user object", i.e. you created it in the user area, you could copy the object then delete the original object. I think QA retains object ID#, so if it no longer exists it might disappear in QA or come up as object not found in QA. Example, if you have program # 1033 in a QA bank and want to remove it create program 1034 from 1033, then delete 1033. QA will only remember the Object # in its placeholder. if it no longer exists it might either disappear or be relabeled in QA as object not found (or something similar). The only downside to this is that if that program were also included in a multi you will have to add 1034 to the multi everywhere that included 1033; also any other QA banks that might have 1033 will also have the object not found issue. Depending on how deep you are into setup of the PC4 this may or may not be a big deal.
I'll have to think about this one!

Reaction score
@williamwill

0:None is a valid Program Object on PC4. So you can set 0:None to any location in the QA Bank.

But how do you select 0:None? Use the keypad entry method to select it. :)

Reaction score
I don't think that is working for me can you elaborate a little further perhaps step by step

Reaction score
If you are already in QA View mode, you won't be able to select 0:None Program. So go to Program view, enable Keypad, hit 0, and then hit Enter. Then you can sele QA View and then long-press any QA number you want to reset.

Reaction score
Unfortunately no! But I applied the logic of selecting Program '0:None' as a possibility in MULTI -> Zones here. But the tricky thing is once you are in QA mode keypad won't work, and selection of Program 0 is possible only thru the keypad, so you have to select the Program first and then switch to QA mode.

Reaction score
After thinking about this it all makes sense to me now. Why shouldn't 0:none also be an object for use.
Nice going Mr. Spock!
and Thank you.

Reaction score
You were a huge help thank you. The manual needs to be Rewritten communicate better. I've read very well written manuals and very poor ones

Reaction score
Follow-up to this thread if someone can help. In trying to do just what this thread is about (delete an object) I deleted the entire QA Bank. First question is whether there is a restore function for a bank you mistakenly deleted? Second question is can you add a new empty QA Bank to the ones already provided?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'd suggest asking this over at Ksetlist.com

The administrator there is a Kurzweil employee.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Follow-up to this thread if someone can help. In trying to do just what this thread is about (delete an object) I deleted the entire QA Bank. First question is whether there is a restore function for a bank you mistakenly deleted? Second question is can you add a new empty QA Bank to the ones already provided?
I've come along a little further on my understanding of this keyboard, have been working with it for several months now and I do not believe there is a restore Quick Access Bank. You would have to reenter the Programs or Multi's you've created into a new Quick Access Bank.

If I remember correctly the first 15 Banks are Factory programs and Multi's. You can start with bank 16 and build your Programs/Multi's or do what I did and remove the existing factory Programs/Multi's by starting in Program mode, press the keypad, enter 0 and enter. then go to Quick Access and long press the number button of the Program/Multi you want to remove. It's just easier to overwrite the factory with your own.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Well the usual way to restore is to back up your settings, then do a factory reset and reload everything.

That will restore whatever you've erased.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
can you add a new empty QA Bank to the ones already provided?
William is correct. There are 50 Favorite banks. As shipped, banks 16 through 50 are already empty, but you can't add more.

BTW, I wouldn't worry about restoring those first 15 banks. There's nothing unique there. They are just pointers to existing programs and multis, the filled Favorite banks are just sample examples of ways you can group sounds. The odds that the exact set of 10 sounds they selected for a bank would be a set of 10 sounds you would find useful to have grouped together are kind of small. They're there really as demos of being able to get to different kinds of sounds quickly and to illustrate the concept of creating your own groups of sounds. But if there was some bank you remembered liking, and wondered what sounds were in it so you can find those programs/multis and recreate them, I could send you a screenshot of what they are. Gary's right that a full restore should bring them back, but unless you've never set up anything of your own (i.e. the whole rest of the board is still at factory settings anyway), recreating what you'd lose in a factory restore would probably take more time than recreating whatever favorite banks you liked.

Ask a Question