quick hammond question!

Reaction score
hey!

Im new to these forums and would like to ask a quick question! ;)

Im looking to get a decent hammond sound spending the least amount of dosh possible really. im thinking along the lines of a midi controller and a sound module of some sort.

The question is - can anyone advise on what I should be looking at?

my main keyboard is an old Yamaha EX5, but the organs on that just dont cut the mustard - no matter how u tweak em!

old school yes I am! ;)

cheers! :):)

Reaction score
I have Native Instrumnets B4 on my studio computer and I like it's sound and set-up flexibility. It sounds good enought that I've thought about loading it on a laptop so I could use it live.

Reaction score
quick hammond question

If you have XP on board and no other programs running you havent to be afraid for crashing,B4 is a very stable program.
But you must have a decent sound card with Asio drivers on board,because the latency.
Go to the site of NI b4 to look at the recommandations.
Btw thats one of the reasons i use the Roland VK8M module,it sounds good and the great sliders(drawbars) on it,ideal for live playing.

Regards,
Soryt:)

Reaction score
If you're looking out for pure organ sounds and nothing else, I too would recommend the VK-8M. Pretty good stuff going on there.

But otherwise, I suggest you take a peak at the Nord Electro2 Rack. It is missing out on some things which the VK has (most importantly reverb and amps, everything else is nuggets). On the other hand, the Electro2 does not only serve as an incredible organ module, but also contains simply gorgeous, lush samples of rhodes, wurlie, clav and cp80. I know several people who own the electro, and they're very satisfied. Some people get really fuzzy about the virtual drawbars, but they work great for me.

And finally, if you'd also be looking out for an organ-like controller - check out the Doepfer d3m.

Reaction score
Hi,
First post here. I´ve played keys for something like 25 years and tried a lot of both harware and software organs. Today I use the Hammond XK-1 which have a very authentic sound and feel. I past years I´ve used software like the B4 and VB3. If you´re on a tight budget take a look at the VB3. It costs a fraction of the B4 and have IMHO more bite than the B4.

GSi - Soundware for musicians

Cheers
Anders

Reaction score
hey!

Im new to these forums and would like to ask a quick question! ;)

Im looking to get a decent hammond sound spending the least amount of dosh possible really. im thinking along the lines of a midi controller and a sound module of some sort.

The question is - can anyone advise on what I should be looking at?

my main keyboard is an old Yamaha EX5, but the organs on that just dont cut the mustard - no matter how u tweak em!

old school yes I am! ;)

cheers! :):)
If your going to spend $ 1700 on a nord then i'd go for the Hammond SK1-61 and u got a hammond

Ask a Question